There are so many shows on Netflix that it can be hard to find what to watch. If you’re into sports, then you’ll like to know that there are some great sports TV shows you can watch. These are shows that have been well-liked and highly rated by other viewers, and are sure to keep your interest. Here are five sports TV shows that you should look for on Netflix.
1. Friday Night Lights. This beloved TV show was on air from 2006 until 2010. Now, the show is available to binge-watch on Netflix. This show was a hit when still filming, and was also a successful book and movie. But the TV series is known to have touched the hearts of millions in America. And it’s not hard to see why–the series takes you through the trials and tribulations of a high school football team in a little Texas town. It is known to be both inspirational and heart-touching. This is definitely for the times when you want something just a little bit deeper than your average TV comedy.
2. The League. This show premiered on TV in 2009, and ran until 2013. Now, you can catch up with what you missed on Netflix. This series follows people who play fantasy sports and all the trials and antics that come along with it. You will see both the real excitement of victory, and some crushing faces of defeat and disappointment. The great thing about this show is that it is only semi-scripted, which means that most of the series is based on realty. If you play any fantasy leagues of your own, then this is a show you don’t want to miss out on.
3. 30 For 30. This is a series of documentaries that first featured on TV in 2009. It goes through some of the most important and prolific moments in sports history, and details exactly what they meant. It also takes a look at some of the most popular athletes in sports history, and what accomplishments they achieved. If you are a die-hard spots fan, than this show is something you want to keep an eye on. Right now this critically acclaimed series is streaming on Netflix.
4. Playmakers. This series that looks at football players first aired on TV in 2003 and has continued to grow in popularity ever since. Now you can stream it on Netflix. You can watch the football games and read the latest news on all of your favorite players. But this show takes a look at the lives of football players off of the field. It’s full of drama and the stakes are high. You don’t have to be a football player to love this series, but it certainly does help. If you have watched and like the series Ballers, then you are definitely going to like this series.
5. Blue Mountain State. Ready to take a look at the more hilarious side of sports, as well as college. Then this series, which first aired in 2010, is the perfect pick for you. It has all the sports you could want–it follows the freshman entering Blue Mountain State to play football. But you also get all the hi jinks that go along with teenagers being away from home for the first time. This is an easy way to step away from the drama of sports, and just have a good laugh every now and again.
If you are a sports fan, you are guaranteed to find something you’ll like watching on Netflix. They have plenty of TV series to choose from that have all of the sports highlights you’re looking for.